Friday 3 October 2014

Not Quite A Geordie

Are you a Geordie Shore fan? If so you must get your hands on Holly Hagan's new biography 'Not quite a Geordie'. Only released on the 2nd October, I've heard nothing but positive comments about the book so far. I always remember a while ago holly tweeted this:
"There's 6 series of Geordie Shore and a summer special, that's 54 episodes in total. Each episode is approximately 45 minutes long, that is a total of 2430 minutes and that's 40.5 hours total. If we say there is usually between 7-9 cast members a series and we split the time equally, that would mean approximately 5.6 hours each. Over two and a half years you have seen 5.6 hours of me in total.. And yet you think you know me?" 

I think it is safe to say that what she said is very true. You see fans on Twitter and Instagram telling her how much they love her and  that they know her so well. Me being a huge fan of the show was shocked when I read her biography - in one day - just to find out exactly what she had gone through to get to the Gorgeous young woman she is now. After years of bullying, battles with her weight and even self harm, this book does actually show the real Holly and to be honest in my eyes she is an even bigger role model to younger girls now then she ever dreamed of being. Her kind words of advice to anybody going through what she went through were lovely.



I have always been a fan of Holly and from series one, I thought she showed her true emotions. I read this biography cover to cover in one day and it honestly has just made me a bigger fan. Reading about her childhood with her ever so loving mum to her days sat in doing crosswords with her nana just reminded me that she really is just a regular girl who's dreams came true. A quarter of the way through the book is when Holly started to reveal all about her days when she was sadly bullied. I think she is doing a fantastic job of encouraging young teens going through the same thing to speak out about bullying. 

My favourite part of the book was when she admitted her feelings for James and told us the truth about their relationship in Mexico. I think that this just goes to show how much does actually go on in the Geordie Shore house that is not captured on camera and that there is a lot more happening aside from a one hour weekly show. I also feel like I have a much better understanding for the show now and how it actually works. 

All in all I will say that this is the first ever book that I have read in less then 24 hours on the release day and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Definitely a 5* for me! I advise any fans of the show or of Holly to buy this book, I can promise it'll all be worth it. The book is available to buy in WHSmiths and Waterstones. Also available on iPhone, iPad and Amazon Kindle.

Jade x

No comments:

Post a Comment